Gangasagar Mela is the World's second largest human congregation at the confluence of holy river Ganga and Bay of Bengal after Kumbh.
Sagardwip, West Bengal, India
Sagar Bharaman is a special initiative by the South 24 Parganas District Administration where Senior Citizens & PWDs can participate in specially designed tours on January 11th, 12th & 13th .The pilgrims would be picked up and dropped off at a predetermined location and have access to every facility, like wheelchairs, dedicated caretakers so that they could witness the mela without any barrier, free of cost.
Terms and Conditions for Sagar Bharaman
1. Patrons are required to submit copies of documents such as PWD certificates (for the differently abled) or age proof (for senior citizens) while booking Sagar Bharaman.
2. Upon confirmation of booking, patrons are required to take out two prints of the tickets. One ticket will be carried by the patron to the pickup point, and the other will remain with the family member. The family members are required to show the ticket while receiving the patron from the drop-off point.
3. The service will be valid only for a day (details will be indicated on the ticket).
4. You are required to carry the same documents (PWD Certificates for differently abled/ age proof for senior citizens) to the pickup point as submitted at the time of form submission.
5. The district administration will bear the necessary expenses from the pickup to drop off. Any other expenses apart from this would be borne by the patron.
6. The District Administration will help the patrons with their luggage (maximum two per head). However, it is the patrons’ responsibility to be vigilant about their luggage’s whereabouts.
7. In the event of some unforeseen events such as natural disasters, demises, severe injuries, etc., the district administration will take every action possible to help the patrons in distress. In such cases, family members are requested to reach the notified spot at the earliest.