GANGA SAGAR MELA - 2021 COVID Management Plan South 24 Parganas
Like previous years, this year also, the Ganga Sagar Mela will be held in South 24 Parganas District during the month of January 2021. Around 50 lakhs pilgrims from different parts of the country and the world visit this event every year. This year also a huge nos. of pilgrims is expected to arrive. The health aspect remains a special focus and this year due to the ongoing COVID pandemic situation enormous thrust is given on health & COVID Management:
⇨ ISSUES :
- A. Infrastructure and facilities
- B. Medical screening of pilgrims, officers and staff deployed
- C. Sample testing of pilgrims & people deployed on duty
- D. Management of COVID positive patients
- E. Disposal of dead bodies of COVID patients
- F. Transportation of COVID positive patients & overall transport management
- G. Contact tracing
- H. COVID Insurance Coverage
- I. Sanitization
- J. Disposal of Bio Medical Wastes
- K. IEC Activities & imposition of sanitization, masks wearing and maintaining social distance
- L. Deployment of Manpower and Training
- M. COVID Material Management Plan
- N. Management of NGOs & Volunteers
- O. Control Room, Call Centre & Information Management
- P. IT applications
A.INFRASTRUCTURE & FACILITIES :
1. Medical Screening Camps along with Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) facilities will be set up and will be manned by the Civic Volunteers, Health personnel. Dedicated sample collectors (from the existing resources and from few outsourcing) will be deployed. The report will be available on spot by the DEOs deputed from the BSKs. In Our District the numbers of Nine (9) prominent locations have been identified where all pilgrims will pass through. The locations are as follows...
|Sl||List of Screening Camps and Rat Testing Centers|
|1||Howrah Railway Station||To be provided concerned District Authority|
|2||Sealdah Railway Station||To be provided concerned District Authority|
|3||Kolkata Railway Station||To be provided concerned District Authority|
|4||Outram Ghat||To be provided concerned District Authority|
|5||Banga Nagar Buffer Zone, Falta||Three (3)||2|
|6||Ramjan Nagar, Kulpi||Three (3)||2|
|7||Halder Chalk, Kakdwip||Three (3)||Health personnel with CV / CDV will
a. screen and
|8||Kakdwip Railway Station, Kakdwip||Two (2)||b.||perform test for the indicated pilgrims||2|
|9||Harwood Point Bus Bay, Lot 8||Three (3)||c.
|10||Namkhana Railway Station, Namhana||Two (2)||e.||maintain social Distancing.||2|
|11||Benuban Ferry Ghat, Benuban||Three (3)||f.||Ambulance for transportation to the
nearer safe homes / Covid Hospital
|12||K 2 Bus stand, Mela ground||Two (2)||2|
|13||Mela Ground, Sagar||Three (3)||3|
2. RTPCR Testing will be done for symptomatic RAT negative patients. RTPCR will be done in two labs, viz. ESI, Joka and DHMCH. The sample will be collected only in special cases and that to be collected at the earmarked Health facilities. A coordinated system will be in place for Hassel free sample collection, transportation, report collection & tracking the patients and interim safekeeping of such pilgrims.
|Sl No||Name of the Collection centers||Testing Centers|
|1||M R Bangur Hospital||SSKM Hospital|
|2||ESIC Joka Hospital||ESIC Joka Hospital|
|3||DHGMC & Hospital||DHGMC & Hospital|
|4||Kakdwip SS Hospital||NRSMC Hospital|
|5||Rudranagar Hospital (Sagar)||NICED, Beliaghata|
3. Safe Homes - Already Total eight (8) nos. of Safe Homes (having bed capacity = 615) have identified, Seven in the DHHD having bed capacity = 365 and One in the South 24Pgs Health District having bed capacity = 250. All the facilities as per guidelines of the H & FW Dept. will be made available in these Safe Homes for the pilgrims. A dedicated safe homes need to be identified in the Kakdwip for the staff deployed in the Sagar Mela duty
|Sl. No.||Name of Block /
|Detail address of Safe Home||Bed
|2||MAGRAHAT-II||Jaldhapa Karmatirtha (Multi GP)||50|
|3||Diamond Harbour||Diamond Harbour SDO Ground Stadium Complex||100|
|4||Kakdwip||New Integrated Govt Sponsored School, Ramratanpur under Srinagar GP||50|
|5||Sagar||Kamalpur Integrated Government Sponsored School||60|
|6||Sagar||Working Girls' Hostel , Gilapi More, Block - A||60|
|7||Sagar||Ganga Sagar PHC||20|
|8||KMC||Pratidin Safe Home managed by South 24 Parganas District authority||250|
|Total Bed capacity||615|
4. SARI - There will be 5 nos. of SARI isolation wards (out of which, 3 temporary SARI isolation wards at Sagar) having bed capacity of 116 beds where all the respiratory distress negative patient will be treated with full medical support.
|List of SARI Isolation Bed|
|Sl. No.||Location||Isolation bed capacity|
|1||Diamond Harbour Govt. Medical College & Hospital||40|
|3||Sagar Mela Ground (Temporary)||10|
|4||Rudranagar Hospital (Temporary)||12|
|Total Bed Capacity||116|
5. COVID Hospitals – Six COVID Hospitals having 515 beds capacity have already been established dedicatedly kept for the Sagar Mela in the district whose services will be utilized if any pilgrim or other person involved in the GS Mela is tested COVID Positive. These hospitals will be mapped against each medical screening point for coordination.
|List of COVID-19 Hospitals|
|Sl. No.||Attached COVID Hospital||Capacity|
|1||M R Bangur Hospital||200|
|2||K S Roy TB Hospital||130|
|3||ESIC, Joka Hospital||120|
|4||Diamond Harbour Govt. Medical College & Hospital||40|
|5||Kakdwip Temporary COVID Hospital||30|
|6||Rudranagar Temporary Covid ward for maternity cases||5|
|Total Bed Capacity kept only for Sagar Mela Pilgrims||525|
6. Quarantine Centres – Eleven(11) nos. of Quarantine Centres (QC) having bed capacity = 645 at different points will be set up for accommodating direct contacts of COVID Positive patients during Mela period. In addition, there will be dedicated pilgrim sheds at all the 5 major points of Ganga Sagar for quarantining pilgrims. All kinds of services like quality food supply , bedding , toilets etc. etc. will be provided.
|List of Quarantine Centres|
|Sl. No.||Name of Block /
|Detail address of Quarantine Centres||Capacity|
|1||Bishnupur I||Hotel Hollywood, Vill-Bhasa 14 No., PO & PS-Bishnupur, 743503||85|
|2||Bishnupur I||Hotel Eagle, Vill-Bhasa 14 No., PO & PS-Bishnupur, 743504||25|
|3||Magrahat I||Sadbhab Mandap, USTHI||50|
|4||DH Municipality||Meghana Bhaban, Diamond Harbour||70|
|5||Kulpi||Anjali Memorial College of Education & Training||65|
|6||Kakdwip||Akshayanagar Kumarnarayan MPCS, under Swami Vivekananda GP||60|
|7||Kakdwip||Shibkalinagar Ishan Memorial MPCS under Madhusudanpur GP||60|
|8||Kakdwip||New Integrated Govt Sponsored School, Ramratanpur under Srinagar GP||80|
|9||Namkhana||Chandranagar karmathirtha, Haripur GP||50|
|10||Sagar||Harinbari Valika vidyalaya Hostel||80|
|11||Sagar||Harinbari MPCS, Harinbari under Rudranagar GP||80|
|Total Bed Capacity||645|
7. Wellness Centre – There will be 6 nos. of wellness centres having bed capacity = 203 at different points for accommodating doctors, nurses and other health staff who will be performing duties during the Mela.
|List of Wellness Centers|
|Sl. No.||Name of Block /
|Detail address of Wellness Centre||Capacity|
|1||Bishnupur-I||Pathersathi, Vill-Bhasa, PO & PS-Bishnupur, 743503||10|
|2||Bishnupur-I||Hotel, Sinjan Residency, DH Road, PO & PS-Bishnupur, 743503||20|
|3||Kulpi||Durga Nagar Milan Mandir Guest House||25|
|6||Sagar||Working Girls' Hostel, Gilapi More,||Block - B||40|
|Total Bed capacity||203|
8. Dead body disposal - Packaging of dead body will be done at Sagar Island and Kakdwip SD Hospital. Six(6) dedicated cremation ground and six(6) dedicated burial ground will be set up for disposal of dead bodies along with required manpower.
|List of Cremation Grounds|
|Sl. No.||Name of Block / Municipalities||Detail address of Cremation Ground|
|1||Bishnupur-I||Mouza - Deuli, Village:- Deuli under Dakshin Gouripur Chakdhir GP|
|2||Magrahat-I||18 bagi samsan|
|3||Diamond Harbour||Samapan Electric Crematorium|
|4||Kakdwip||Balikhali, Mouza- Srikrishnanagar under Netaji GP|
|5||Namkhana||Nandagheri Samsan, Namkhana GP,|
|6||Sagar||Hatipitia , Mahishamari, riverside , Sagar|
|List of Burial Grounds|
|Sl. No.||Name of Block / Municipalities||Detail address of Burial Ground|
|1||Bishnupur-I||Kabarsthan at Bakeshwar (Panakua GP) under St. Mary's Church for Christians|
|2||Bishnupur-I||Mistripara Kabarsthan at Rajakgohalia (Keoradanga) for Muslims|
|4||Kakdwip||Balikhali, Mouza- Srikrishnanagar under Netaji GP|
|5||Namkhana||Amaravati Laskarpara ,Freserganj GP|
|6||Sagar||Chakfuldubi ( Under consideration )|
9. We have proposed twenty five (25) nos. of dedicated 102 ambulances at different points of medical camps & testing health facilities of which 4 no of Ambulances will be kept at Kakdwip Lot -8 Area, 2 no. at Kachuberia and 4 no at Mela Ground Temporary Hospital. Another 15 nos of Ambulances will be put in around the way from Sirakol PHC to Namkhana Narayanpur PHC.
|Sl||No||Place where it will be kept||Number/s|
|3||DHGMC & Hospital||2|
|6||Lot-8 Temporary Hospital||4|
|8||Narayanpur Temporary Hospital||1|
|9||Kachuberia Temporary Hospital||2|
|10||Rudra Nagar RH||1|
|11||Chemaguri / Benuban Temporary||1|
|12||HMoeslapitGarlound Temporary Hospital||4|
Apart from these 75 nos of Ambulances will be kept throughout the Diamond Harbour Health District for the general patients. Three (3) nos. of water ambulances at Lot 8 and Kachuberia and two (2) nos. of air ambulances at Mela ground will be placed for transportation of pilgrims / COVID positive patients at different points of time.
10.There will be “Green Corridor” – a dedicated channel in the road at different locations like 1. Mela Ground Hospital, 2. Kachuberia, 3. Benuban - Chemaguri and 4. Lot 8 – earmarked for smooth and speedy movement of ambulances / hearse vans carrying COVID positive patients or dead bodies.
11.Two hearse vans will be required to carry the Covid dead bodies. One will be kept at the Sagar Island at Rudra Nagar Hospital and another will be kept in the Main land in Kakdwip SSH.
12.QRT (Quick Response Team) - will be formed and stationed at each point under the disposal of Point-inCharge to move and mitigate any emergent situation related to COVID-19. The team will consist of the representatives from the health dept., police, general administration and NGO / CDV. The teams will have dedicated vehicles & first aid equipment.
|Name of the point||Name of the Officer with designation|
|Dr. Indranil Mitra, ACMOH Baruipur, Mob: 9434068205 (Addl. Pt. Incharge)|
|Dr. Balai Chandra, RTO, S24Pgs,|
|Sagar Mela||Dr. Saptarshi Banerjee, SR, S24Pgs|
|Ground||Dr. Krishna Prasad Sardar,|
|Ms Salini Bhowal , GNM, DH - I|
|Ms Jyostna Soren, GNM, Mandirbazar|
|Dr. Ayan Ghosh, BMOH, Magrahat-II, Mob: 9073434922 (Addl.Pt.Incharge)|
|Kachuberia||Dr. Giaul Haque Molla,Mo RBSK|
|Ms Rakhi Purkait , GNM, Kulpi|
|Dr. Habibur Rahaman, BMOH, Falta, Mob:8001457049 (Addl.Pt.Incharge)|
|Lot- 8||Dr. Anup Mishra , BMOH, Sonarpur|
|Ms Uma Mistri, GNM, Falta|
|Dr. Arup Naskar, BMOH, Magrahat I, Mob: 9883288916||(Addl.Pt.Incharge)|
|Chemaguri||Dr. Indrajit Bargi, BMOH, Gosaba & Dr. Anirban Jyoti Roy MO RBSK|
|Ms Namita Dey, GNM, Magrahat - I|
|Dr. Gourhari Mondal, AMO,Narayanpur PHC, Mob:9434569966 / 8001665722|
|Namkhana||Dr. Shovan Haldar , MO RBSK, Namkhana|
|Ms Karabi Mondal, GNM, DH-II|
District Nodal Point In-Charge is Dr. Sonali Das, Deputy CMOH – II, DHHD, Mob: 9007995997.
13.There will be COVID Management Task Force at each Point to be led by one Officer not below the rank of ACMOH. The Task Force will consist of other officers like – one officer, not below the rank of Jt. BDO, one police officer not below the rank of ASI, one MVI and other such officials as desired by the Point in-Charge. The Task Force will be responsible for monitoring, supervision and coordination of all activities related to COVID management and implementation of the District COVID Management Plan for GS Mela -2021 at that point. The QRT will be under the disposal of this Task Force. The Task Force will hold meeting regularly to monitor the implementation of COVID Management Plan.
|Name & Designation of Officers||Name of the point|
|Dr. Himadri Haldar, Dy CMOH – I, DHHD, Mob: 9830322157||Mela Ground Temporary Hospital|
|Dr. Rabiul Islam Gayen, DMCHO, DHHD,Mob: 8335999725||Chemaguri & Benubon|
|Dr.Prabir Ghosh Dastidar, Dy CMOH III, DHHD, Mob: 9831005453||Lot- 8|
|Dr. Parimal Dakua ACMOH Canning Mobile: 9732461640||Lot- 8|
|Dr. Santanu Nandi, DTO, DHHD, Mob: 9836577191||Kachuberia|
|Dr. Abhirup Mondal, ACMOH, Kakdwip, DHHD, Mob: 8240717787||Narayanpur|
District Nodal Covid In-Charge is Dr. Sonali Das, Deputy CMOH – II, DHHD, Mob: 9007995997.
B.MEDICAL SCREENING OF PILGRIMS, OFFICERS & STAFF DEPLOYED :
- 1. Medical screening and thermal checking of pilgrims at different entry points / Buffer Zones, Bus Stands, Railway Stations will be done before they reach Lot 8 and Namkhana points.
- 2. Marking or stamping of medically screened persons with different marks like – ‘Medically Screened’/’Tested’ etc. will be done on the pilgrims during screening. [Action by – ADM (G), SPs & CMOHs]. They will be allowed to move further if the pilgrims pass medical screening. [Action by – Police & RTO]
- 3. If any person is found to have some symptoms, he / she will be referred to sample testing centre while his / her teams being the primary contacts will be detained till the result of the test comes. RAT & RT-PCR testing will be done depending upon the requirement. [Action by – CMOHs & RTO]
- 4. The Medical Screening Team will maintain the record of each name, address with name of state / country, mobile no., etc. in a special software to be made for tracking pilgrims of GS Mela. [Action by – IT cell , ADM(LA) & CMOHs]
- 5. The police and CDV will remain deployed to maintain queue having social distancing and wearing masks. [Action by – SPs & ADC, CD]
- 6. The Nodal MO will be deployed to coordinate, monitor and supervise the activity at each screening camp or group of camps taken together. He will also ensure that the sample from the symptomatic person is collected and tested timely. [Action by – CMOHs]
- 7. Similar procedure will be followed for the officers and staff deployed for Mela at different point.
C.SAMPLE TESTING OF PILGRIMS, STAFF & OFFICERS DEPLOYED :
- 1. MSample test (RAT) will be done for those only who will be found to be symptomatic during medical screening at different entry points / Buffer Zones, Bus Stands, Railway Stations. Online data entry arrangements will be in place. [Action by – CMOHs].
- 2. If the person is found to be positive after RAT, he along with his / her team will be subjected as per COVID Protocol. If any symptomatic patient is tested negative, he / she will be referred for RTPCR. There will be mobile van to collect the sample from the person at the point of medical screening camp. [Action by – CMOHs]
- 3. If the person is found to be positive after RTPCR, he / she will be shifted to the nearby Safe Homes / SARI isolation ward / COVID Hospitals as recommended by the MO. They will be marked as “Tested - Positive” after test. His / her teams being the primary contacts will be detained in nearby QC. [Action by – CMOHs, SDOs & BDOs]
- 4. There will be dedicated ambulance for transporting the persons to the nearby Safe Home / SARI isolation ward / COVID Hospital. [Action by – CMOHs].
- 5. All the staff and officials deployed for Ganga Sagar Mela 2021 will be instructed to get their test done at their work place within 72 hours before reporting for duty.
D.MANAGEMENT OF COVID POSITIVE PATIENTS :
- 1. Once a person is identified as COVID POSITIVE after test, he/ she will be shifted from the testing point to the nearby Safe Home / COVID Hospital (as recommended by the MO) by a dedicated ambulance. Patients with comorbidity / SARI / ILI will be shifted to the COVID Hospital and special care will be given [Action by –CMOHs].
- 2. The family member of the COVID POSITIVE patient will be informed accordingly. [Action by – CMOHs & OC, control Room]. The patient will be released from the Safe Home / COVID Hospital after he / she is fully recovered as per decision of the MO and in the presence of his / her family member. [Action by – CMOHs & OC, control Room]
E.DISPOSAL OF DEAD BODIES :
- 1. The family member of the deceased will be informed. [Action by – CMOHs & OC].
- 2. Preservation and packaging of dead bodies will be done as per guideline in the respective COVID Hospital. [Action by – CMOHs]
- 3.The packed dead bodies will be transported by dedicated hearse van from the hospital to the cremation / burial ground as the case may be. [Action by – CMOHs]
- 3.There will be dedicated team for packaging and cremation / burial of dead bodies. [Action by – CMOHs]
F.TRANSPORTATION OF COVID POSITIVE PATIENTS :
- 1. Dedicated ambulance will be placed at all medical screening camps under the disposal of Nodal MO of the screening camp for transportation of COVID POSITIVE pilgrims to Safe Homes / SARI isolation ward / COVID Hospitals. [Action by – CMOHs].
- 2. Dedicated hearse van will be placed at Rudra Nagar Hospital under the disposal of BMOH and another at Kakdwip SSH under disposal of Suptd, Kakdwip SDH for transportation of Covid dead bodies. [Action by – CMOHs & RTO]
- 3.There will be “Green Corridor” – a dedicated channel on the road at different locations like Mela Ground, Kachuberia, Benuban - Chemaguri and Lot 8 – earmarked for smooth and speedy movement of ambulances / hearse vans carrying COVID POSITIVE patients or dead bodies. [Action by – SP, Sunderban, CMOH, DHHD, SDO, Kakdwip & RTO]
- 4.The vehicle arrangement will be there for transportation of the patients to his / her place after getting released from the hospital. [Action by – OC, Control Room & RTO]
- 5.There will be dedicated water ambulances at Lot 8 and Kachuberia for transportation of COVID POSITIVE patients from one side of the river to the other side. [Action by – CMOH, DHHD]
- 6.There will also be air ambulances at Mela Ground for urgent transportation of COVID POSITIVE patients to the COVID Hospital with better facilities. [Action by – CMOHs, DHHD]
- 7.All the vehicles will be sanitized after each journey. [Action by – ADM (LR)]
G.DISPOSAL OF DEAD BODIES :
- 1. Once a person is tested as COVID POSITIVE, his direct contacts will be traced. All the direct contacts irrespective of symptomatic or asymptomatic will be retained in nearby QCs and will be checked for COVID-19 symptoms. Sample collection and testing will be done only if required. [Action by – CMOHs, SDOs & BDOs]
H.COVID INSURANCE COVER:
- 1. COVID Insurance covers the persons deployed for COVID Management duty as per the order of the Health & Family Welfare Dept. There will be dedicated kiosks for facilitating the patients who are entitled to get the insurance coverage for submitting online applications.
- 1. Sanitization of pilgrims at medical screening camps, bus stands, railway stations, temple entrance and jetties to be done. Installation of sanitizing tunnel / paddle sanitizer / auto sanitizer / hand sanitizers also to be done at strategic points [Action by – AEO, ZP, SDOs, Dy. Sec, ZP & BDOs]
- 2. Daily sanitization of all buffer zones (Medical Screening Camps), railway stations, bus stands, jetties, barricades, Mela Grounds, Temple area, pilgrim sheds, NGO Sheds and all other sheds, temporary VIP Sheds, Circuit Houses, Mela Offices, beach area, shops, hotels, Control Rooms, Safe Homes, Quarantine Centres, COVID Hospitals etc to be carried out. [ Action by – AEO, ZP, SDOs, Dy. Sec, ZP & BDOs]
- 3. Sanitization of buses, launches, autos, ambulances and all other vehicles used for pilgrim transportation after every journey will be done. [Action by – AEO, ZP, Dy. Sec, ZP & RTO]. The Fire Brigade Dept. and the respective Panchayat Samity will ensure the sanitization. The services of the NGOs and CDVs will be utilized. [Action by – AEO, ZP, CMOHs & Dy. Sec, ZP].
J.MANAGEMENT OF BIO-MEDICAL WASTES:
- 1. The specialized agency will be deployed by respective CMOHs for management and disposal of BioMedical Wastes. The agency will provide manpower at all medical screening points, bus stands, railway stations, jetties, mela grounds, temple grounds, beaches, different shed, Mela offices, hotels, guest houses, Safe Homes, QCs, wellness centres, COVID hospitals, etc.
- 1. Massive level of IEC activities to be started for creating awareness. Advertisements in Bengali, Hindi and English on precautions to be taken up and modalities of medical test / medical screening at Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations etc. to be placed [Action by – DNO, MGNREGS & DICO]
- 2. Display of posters, flexes, banners, miking through PAS in three languages along the route, Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations, Jetties and Mela Ground on modalities of medical tests and medical screening and observing norms to be done [Action by – DNO, MGNREGS ]
- 3. Distribution of leaflets & flexes, playing folks and street plays in Bengali and Hindi on Do’s and Don’ts and dedicated toll-free help line no. of call centre at Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations during medical screening. [Action by – DNO, MGNREGS]
- 4. Setting up of information Kiosk / Help Desk at Bus stands, Railway stations, Jetties, Mela ground
L. IMPOSITION OF SANITISATION, MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING NORMS:
- 1. Advertisements in Bengali, Hindi and English on sanitizing hand regularly, wearing masks and maintaining social distances in leading newspapers and TV channels. [Action by – DNO, MGNREGS & DICO]
- 2. Distribution of leaflets, hand sanitizers and masks at medical screening camps, bus stands, railway stations, jetties, mela ground, temple ground, etc by CDV / SHG members. [ Action by – DNO, MGNREGS & DICO]
- 3. Display of flexes, banners in three languages along the route, Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations, Jetties and Mela Ground on sanitizing hand regularly, wearing masks and maintaining social distances. [Action by – DNO, MGNREGS]
- 4. Police, NGOs and CDV will be deployed to keep a close vigil so that the pilgrims and others wear masks and maintain social distance during medical screening, stand on queue in the jetty points, while transportation in launches and vehicles, taking bath on the sea beach, mela ground, entrance of the temple etc. [Action by – SP & DNO, MGNREGS]
M. DEPLOYMENT OF MANPOWER & TRAINING:
- 1. All manpower for medical screening will be done by the CDVs/CVs, and sample collection, transportation and sample testing will be deployed by the CMOHs in their respective jurisdictions. [Action by – CMOHs]
- 2. Deployment of NGOs and CDs will be done by the OC, NGO and CD on requisition from the CMOHs. [Action by – OC, SHG & SE & ADC, CD]
- 3. The Point -in Charges of different Points and Buffer Zones will deploy NGOs and CDs for IEC at different Jetties and Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations, etc. They will send requisition for CDs to the OC, CD. [Action by – Point In Charge]
- 4. SHG members also may be deployed at different Points and Buffer Zones, bus stands, railway stations for IEC and distribution of masks and sanitising hands. [Action by – PD, DRDC ]
- 5. The training cell and CMOHs will arrange for training of all deployed health staff personnel. The training of SHG members and CDVs will be arranged by the Training Cell. [ Action by – CMOHs & DPO, SSM]
- 6. The police will be deployed at different medical camps at buffer zones, bus stands, auto stand, railway stations, jetties, mela ground, temple ground to impose the norms of wearing masks and maintaining social distances. [Action by – SP]
N. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- 1. Both the CMOHs will assess the requirements of different materials and instruments like thermal guns, masks, sanitizer, PPE, testing kits, etc for all officials and personnel to be deployed by them and for different facilities like Safe Homes, SARI isolation wards, COVID Hospitals and all other facilities and arrange to procure them before the Mela for smooth health services and COVID management [Action by – CMOHs]
- 2. The NDC will assess the requirements of different materials like, masks, sanitizer, etc for all officials and personnel to be deployed by different depts. and arrange to procure them before the Mela for smooth functioning of health services for containment of spread of COVID-19. The materials will be distributed at different points as per requisition received from the Point In Charge. [Action by – Point IN Charge, NDC]
O. MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT:
- 1. Due to the social distancing norms the transport plan will be reviewed. The no. of pilgrims to be boarded and movement of vehicles will be controlled accordingly. RTO will assess requirement of vehicles, launches, vessels, etc and arrange for additional vehicles, launches, vessels, etc. He will keep a buffer stock of vehicles for transportation of pilgrims who may need help if the driver of their vehicle is tested COVID POSITIVE at medical screening camps.
- 2. RTO will arrange for Hearse vans, ambulances, additional water ambulances and air ambulances. CMOHs will arrange for additional 102 ambulances primarily for transporting COVID Patients.
- 3. The RTO will deploy MVI and additional manpower for management of parking and movement of vehicles at medical screening camps, different buffer points, bus stands, railway stations, jetties. MVIs will monitor the process of sanitization of vehicles, launches, vessels, ambulances, additional water ambulances and air ambulances after every journey. [Action by – Dy. Sec, ZP & RTO]
- 4. He will arrange for medical screening of all drivers and helpers of vehicles, buses, ambulances, launches, etc in consultation with CMOHs.
P. MANAGEMENT OF NGOS AND VOLUNTEERS:
- 1. In addition to their regular services, the NGOs, CDVs and other volunteers will be deployed at medical screening camps, bus stands, railway stations, jetties, barricades, mela ground and temple ground to impose sanitisation, wearing masks and maintaining social distances in queue. [ Action by – Point In Charge, ADC, CV & OC, SHG & SE ]
- 2. Their services will also be utilized for IEC at medical screening camps, bus stands, railway stations, jetties, barricades, mela ground and temple ground for distributing leaflets, masks and hand sanitizer and for maintaining social distances in vehicles and launches. [ Action by – Point In Charge, ADC, CV & OC, SHG & SE ]
- 3. Their services may also be utilized in Safe Homes and QCs for providing food and other services. [Action by – Point In Charge & OC, SHG & SE ] [ Action by – SDOs, BDOs, ADC, CV & OC, SHG & SE]
- 4. The OC, NGO and OC, CDV will assess for requirement of additional NGOs and CDVs and if required, arrange for deployment of additional NGOs and CDVs. [ Action by – OC, SHG & SE & ADC, CV ]
- 5. They will be trained properly to provide different services at different locations. [ Action by – DPO, SSM, ADC, CV & OC, SHG & SE ]
- 6. Arrangements for their accommodation, transportation and medical screening will be done. [Action by – Point In Charge, CMOHs, RTO, NDC, ADC, CV & OC, SHG & SE]
Q. COVID CONTROL ROOM, CALL CENTRE & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT:
- 1. Dedicated COVID Sub-Control Room to be established within the main control room at Mela Ground. Dedicated COVID Call Centre to be manned by separate teams – 24X7, to be led by one DMDC, one police Officer - not below the rank of DSP, one MO – not below the rank of ACMOH [Action by – SP, CMOHs & Dy. DLLRO]. A dedicated toll-free Help Line No. also will be established.
- 2. A dedicated COVID-19 Control Room will be established at all major points - one BDO, one police Officer - not below the rank of ASI, one MO. They will coordinate the information, transportation, admission, disposal of dead bodies of COVID POSITIVE patients. They will guide the SARI / ILI / Co-Morbid patients, specially, to the isolation ward with special care and keep track. They will coordinate in disposal of any complaint. They will keep contact with the families of the patients. They will share information with other districts and other states, if required.
R. IT APPLICATIONS:
- 1. A separate software for tracking the movement of COVID POSITIVE pilgrim of GS Mela will be prepared [ Action by – OC, IT]
- 2. The pilgrims may be tracked from the stage of medical screening till they reach home after being recovered from COVID POSITIVE. [ Action by – CMOHs, SDOs, OC, IT & BDOs]
- 3. The entry will be done at Medical Screening Camp, QC, Safe Home, SARI Isolation ward, COVID Hospital and Control Room. [ Action by – CMOHs, SDOs, OC, IT & BDOs]
- 4. Dedicated DEOs will be deployed at all such points. They will be trained for handling of this software. [Action by – CMOHs & OC, IT]